Thursday 7 February 2013

Am I stuck on the first level of "Maslow's hierarchy of needs" without sex?

Recently watched a video about this where the narrator said if your needs aren't met on a certain level, you get "stuck there". Well, my sexual needs have never been met. Women want nothing to do with me and I'm now 43. Does this mean I cannot possibly move up? I have always strived for self-actualization but Maslow's theory seems to illustrate that this is just not possible without a GF or a wife. What if I don't want to have kids?! Why should this be SO important to us and such a basic need? How is sex on par with food, water, and air? What about masturbation? Why doesn't that count for guys? We are ALL ultimately alone on this earth, and there are plenty of people who accomplish amazing things without a sexual companion...aren't there??

No comments:

Post a Comment